I think the weather is confused...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    It feels exactly like a spring day today. The birds are singing, insects are out, and I feel like flowers will be blooming any second. Last week and the one before felt like summer weather. Everyone had shorts on and t-shirts. Before that, we had some frost and it was so cold we could see our breath and we all had heavy winter jackets on. Night time is very cold, no matter how the day was.

Geeze, I feel bad for nature! Even the threes are confused, as I can see little buds on some of them. Don't get me wrong, I love this warmer weather, but its certainly strange at this time of year in New Jersey!

2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I am in Delaware, not far from you and I totally agree...what the heck is going on??? [​IMG] [​IMG] That is no exaggeration, that is really what it has been like around here!

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Hey We'll take it here. We are used to mixed up weather. All we've been getting is one storm after another coming off the Pacific. Getting tired of one gray, windy, rainy day after another.

Imp- A soggy imp

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    LOL, Imp you can keep your rainy weather! We've had some rainy weather ourselves here and I have to say I'm not a big fan. In fact, our entire summer consisted of just rain!

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:I think I'll be doing yard work tomorrow in the rain. I feel for you we've had the rainy summers as well. Rarely we get a warm up in fall like you're getting. Sometimes the spring flowers like Rhodies etc will bloom. I always thought of that as a bonus.
    When I walked out to the run today to let the chickens out, the ground was pretty wet. We'll be hearing about urban mudslides, and flooding next. Glad I'm up on a hill.

Imp

6. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Quote:I think I'll be doing yard work tomorrow in the rain. I feel for you we've had the rainy summers as well. Rarely we get a warm up in fall like you're getting. Sometimes the spring flowers like Rhodies etc will bloom. I always thought of that as a bonus.
    When I walked out to the run today to let the chickens out, the ground was pretty wet. We'll be hearing about urban mudslides, and flooding next. Glad I'm up on a hill.

Imp

Us here, too. The poor chooks are red clay muddy messes. Today we get to stack a cord and a half of wood and then do some yardwork in the wind & rain. I normally love the rain, but not so much when I have a million things to do outside.

7. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

We had reasonably good weather today, but a few hours ago there was hail and wind and rain [​IMG]

8. Brick243

Brick243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southeast Oklahoma
    It's a nice sunshiny day here too.

9. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    It's actually nice out today upper 50's but the rain is on it's way. [​IMG]

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Gotta love these 'native american' summers.

70 degrees out and Sunny... on it's way up to 75 today.

Thursday - High 77 Low 51. Sunny. Perfect.

Now I when I really love Arizona!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by