I think there's something wrong

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by alyssa741, Apr 8, 2017.

1. alyssa741

alyssa741 Just Hatched

Mar 23, 2017
    [​IMG]
    So we are just starting to get our first flock of chickens. We wanted a bit of variety since it will be more fun for the kids to collect a variety of coloured eggs. We got two orphingtons last week and two leghorns yesterday. since picking up the leghorns I noticed that one of them keeps closing her eyes. She could be in mid walk and she will close them. Every time she goes down to peck at food she seems to fall asleep so I don't think she's really ate or drank anything yet. I did notice that she's pecking at herself quite a bit. Do you think she is just stressed from the move? Or do you think she may be sick? And if so, what can I do to help her?

2. Bantamz

Bantamz Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2014
    my house
    She is probly sick. Try putting antibiotics in their water. Is she laying eggs? If not one couldve broken inside of her.

3. alyssa741

alyssa741 Just Hatched

Mar 23, 2017

They haven't layed any eggs yet, but we just got them yesterday. I'm very new to chickens, where do I get antibiotics? I have amoxicillin on hand, are they able to have that? I'm really hoping we can get her better. I feel so bad.

4. Bantamz

Bantamz Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2014
    my house
    Your local feed store should have some antibiotics for poultry swine and cattle some are made for all three some just for chickens. The people that work there should advise you on whats best

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by