I *think* these are girls, but what are they? :) 14.5 weeks. Mutts?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by featherz, Apr 9, 2011.

1. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Have these three that are about 14.5 weeks. One big black one that's bearded and has yellow feet with black wash. Easter egger?

Second one is smaller and also has yellow feet with black wash, but not bearded. She has slightly feathered legs. Third is welsummery looking, but is it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Hens.

The one is a little bit Wellie looking.

3. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Hens! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  4. CrazyChickensEverwhere

CrazyChickensEverwhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Pullets

5. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I have to agree with EE girl on the first one featherz. Could you post side pics of the other two? It might help decide what the mix is. I also agree that all three are girls.

6. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Yah, I will get better pics. They just went out into the big girl coop and are being shy. [​IMG] I was decently confident they were girls (although with EE's, you know how that goes), but I have no idea what the mix was. They were part of a 'colored egg layer' assortment of eggs so they could be anything. [​IMG]

7. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Some slightly better pics.. I'll update when they are better feathered out. So far they seem to be somewhat getting along with their older 'sisters'. [​IMG]

this one has yellow legs with slight grey feathering -- hard to get this one. She's shy and hides behind the others.. :
    [​IMG]

Smaller black one.. I am thinking australorp x something? she has an aussie type face to me..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I think you are not far off with your guesses. I would have to say "mixes". Astralorp X cochin (the feathers on the legs)? I think your EE is not far off pure AM but the legs say mix with I don't know what. I am thinking probably a green or blue egg out of her and maybe a darker brown out of the Wellie looking one. Pretty crosses though.

9. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    First is an EE. The black one... I believe is a langshan mix. The face looks more langshan than it does cochin/aussie, and the foot feathering would be heavier if she was a cochin mix. The reddish one isn't a pure wellie, but may be a mix.

10. NMChickenWrangler

NMChickenWrangler Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2011
    I think that the black one with feathered feet is a Langshan or LS mutt. The black one with a muff might be an Olive Egger, I have some OE,s that look like her. The red one might be a Welsummer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by