I think they are boys! What do you think? pic heavy - 8 new ones

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MuckyPuppy, Oct 12, 2011.

1. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Boy? 1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boy? 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think they are about 5 weeks old and they were bought as girls almost a week ago. I need to know so that I can let the breeder know so that we can exchange them for girls before she runs out of chicks. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  2. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Hmm.. it's hard to tell. Do you have pictures of their whole body? What makes you think they're roosters?

Edited for mistakes

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  3. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    #2 I would say is a roo...I can't really tell with #1...

4. MuckyPuppy

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Quote:Not yet but I'll try and put up some soon. They were very skittish when we bought them and although they are much better now they still are a handful. There may be quite a few action shots! [​IMG]

5. MuckyPuppy

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Quote:Thank you for your vote on 2! [​IMG]

Maybe it will be easier to decide on the gender of 1 when I put up full body shots (as suggested by The Red Rooster [​IMG] ).

Edited to make sense. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  6. MuckyPuppy

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Quote:I think they are roos because of how red/pink their wattles are and the pink tinge to their combs. The breeder thought they were girls based on the shape of their feathers.

7. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Quote:Not yet but I'll try and put up some soon. They were very skittish when we bought them and although they are much better now they still are a handful. There may be quite a few action shots! [​IMG]

Thanks! I know how that is. Mine wiggle alot too! [​IMG]

8. MuckyPuppy

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Here are a few more photos of the silver boy/girl. I had to wait for my husband to come home and help and so the light (inside) is not good enough to get decent photos of the darker one's feathers. I hope to get better ones of both tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. angie3881

angie3881 Chillin' With My Peeps

It is adorable!! I realize that is of no help at all but I had to say so! [​IMG]

10. MuckyPuppy

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Quote:Thanks! [​IMG] He/she is lovely. The photos do not do it justice as we were using our camcorder. Hubby is going to try to get his phone to sync with the pc again as it has a better camera.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by