i think this happened for a reason--

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by americana-chick, Jan 17, 2009.

1. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    I think that my favorite roo being attacked by the other roo really happened for a reason, when he was younger he use to love me to death and think i was his whole world after the other chick that was with him died because of a fox. [​IMG] them when he was old enough he went in the big pen, unsure at first but then got scared of me for no reason. he is just about the best rooster ever though, he has never attacked me once and all my other rooster have and he might be the oldest out of them all! but after he got attacked i swooped him up and everyday after i had to carrie him around and baby him. he is finally comming back to me!! [​IMG] now i can walk right up to him and love him to pieces, and he will even follow me around when i let just him out to free range with my supervision. he is still recovering so putting him back in the big cage is not an option right now untell i can find a home for my mean rooster! [​IMG] i just took pics today of him free ranging and this is definatly not all of them, just the best ones. what do ya think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    He's a handsome dude and I think you photography is great! I love the low angle you used - and I love the subject material. [​IMG]

3. Big Red

Big Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Paradise
    That's a nice looking rooster!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I love my roosters so much. Yours is such a handsome boy and seems the most intelligent ones really understand when you help them.

5. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Thanks guys. [​IMG] he is a very special boy to me, he was the first one i ever hatched out of a incubator. and he was the only one who survived. one because a thunderstorm messed with the temp in the bator, and two because of foxes. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by