I think tractor supply may have mislabeled my chickens?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mattjanky, Jul 26, 2016.

1. mattjanky

mattjanky Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2016
    This is my first year raising chickens and in my original 6 (I've since bought 3 isa browns and 2 black austrlorp roosters of craigslist) bought as chicks from tractor supply they told me I got 1 aurucana, 2 buff orphingtons and 3 black austrlorps. I've since found out that what I have TWO black austrlorps and 3 of.. something else. They don't look like any orphingtons I find online. They're grey and white and black. Can anyone help me identify them? They're very docile. They let me pick them up and are much less skittish than my other birds. They follow me when i let them out in the morning most days. [​IMG][/IMG]Sometimes they lay right down at my feet! Thanks in advance

2. mattjanky

mattjanky Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2016
    Here is a more recent picture but from further away.[​IMG]

3. BaileyMChicks

BaileyMChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Your're asking about the barred ones right? They are barred rocks. Definitely not buff orpingtons.

1 person likes this.
  4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Your pretty black and white striped (barred) birds are barred Rocks. Everyone else looks as advertised, except your Aracuana is an Easter egger. Not a biggie, she's definitely a she and should lay you pretty blue or green eggs.

1 person likes this.
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    x2

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    x 3 donrae