I think Velvet is dying

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by VelvetAndDaisy, Apr 9, 2017.

1. VelvetAndDaisy

VelvetAndDaisy New Egg

Apr 9, 2017
    Idaho
    !!EDIT!! She passed last night while I slept. I tried staying up with her for as long as I could but it got too late. RIP Velvet.

So yesterday I got two chicks for my birthday as we were going to get more when the store got more on Wednesday. Today I noticed my favorite one I named velvet was acting strange, she was laying down most of the time not moving and sleeping A LOT. She didn't go to eat on her own. I would move her to the food and water but she would go back to the heat lamp and lay down again. As this went on she started hobbling instead of walking looking at her legs there seems to be a red color to then instead of the yellow the other chicks have. Now she can't even move on her own. I'm holding her now and she is not moving, she seens to be sleeping but when she is picked up all she does is make a very quiet peep noise and makes very little movement unlike the other chicks who when picked up protests and wiggles a bit... So yeah.. I think she is dying but I have no idea why.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  2. walkerbrens

walkerbrens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2012
    I am so sorry Velvet is not doing well. I don't know why this is happening but I hope someone can give you an answer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by