Infinitydreamer

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2020
Backstory: My other half and I are new to hatching chickens. We have two incubators with a variety of eggs about 10 days in and we are nervous new parents, but SO excited. Also, we have a huge natural quail population in our five acre yard.

Today one of us found a quail egg, and thought, “what the hell, let’s hatch it too!” Did I mention we are REALLY excited about hatching things? 😝 So, we pop it in the incubator, and it’s in there with the rest of our eggs ALL day. Eventually, one of us decided it would be a good idea to candle it, just to see if it’s fertile, how far along it might be, etc. Nothing. It’s too dark to see anything.

Weird. What does that mean?? We ponder this for quite some time. 🤔

Are you ready for this? .....it was a chocolate egg. A leftover candy that our kids left behind. 😂🤣😂

For goodness sake, wish us better luck with the rest of our eggs!

Backstory: My other half and I are new to hatching chickens. We have two incubators with a variety of eggs about 10 days in and we are nervous new parents, but SO excited. Also, we have a huge natural quail population in our five acre yard.

Today one of us found a quail egg, and thought, “what the hell, let’s hatch it too!” Did I mention we are REALLY excited about hatching things? 😝 So, we pop it in the incubator, and it’s in there with the rest of our eggs ALL day. Eventually, one of us decided it would be a good idea to candle it, just to see if it’s fertile, how far along it might be, etc. Nothing. It’s too dark to see anything.

Are you ready for this? .....it was a chocolate egg. A leftover candy that our kids left behind. 😂🤣😂

hysterical.gif
That is SO funny! I could honestly see myself putting it in too! Thanks for sharing!

I'm dyin'! :lau:gig:gigActually, to quote @Kiki, I am dead!

It was one of those ones that has the hard candy coating on the outside. I guess that’s what saved us a huge mess 🙌
I'm glad it didn't explode! I would have literally panicked thinking that it had gone terribly rotten before realizing that it was chocolate 🤣

Hatching fever so strong you're trying to hatch chocolate eggs. :lau

Good luck with the rest of your hatch!!

Back
Top Bottom