I think we have hard bolied eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Moonwalker, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    [​IMG]
    I went in to work after being out sick for several days and my boss told me he thinks "WE" may have messed up the eggs. Hmmmmm...."define messed up?" he says he checked the thermometer and it was reading 108! Funny how up till then, for 2 weeks the darned thing was reading 96 - 100. He just can't keep from tweaking things.
    I have no idea how long they were at that temp. Anybody think there's a chance some might hatch?
    [​IMG]

2. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    Don't throw in the towel, I had a 107 spie and another girl had a 112 spike our eggs are developing

3. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    It's possible. A friend of mine had her bator get up to 110 for who knows how long. She had a reduced hatch, but still got a few. Don't give up.

4. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    They are due to hatch on Friday, just transferred them to the hatch tray this morning.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    I'm just curious what your boss is doing w/your eggs... oh and I would go ahead & see if they hatch...what can it hurt? But I have *heard* (not experienced) that there can be some health issues w/hotter than normal temps, so if your babies are born w/deformities, that might be why. But, I hope all goes well. *Hopefully* there's no truth to that though...
    Kristi

6. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    The eggs belong to my boss. He has decided he wants to go into free range egg production. But I am the one who was put in charge of taking care of the eggs, chickens etc.
    I am actually getting some of my own soon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by