1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I though he was gaging on somthing!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by magikchick, Jan 8, 2009.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I was out in the pen feeding my 8 week old cochin bantam roo when I hear this terrible sound. I looked over and thought my chick was gaging on somthing. Just as I was rushing in to save him it hit me what he was doing. Trying to crow. Oh my little eight week old man is growing up already.

[​IMG]

2. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    congrats (that is if you wanted a roo) and sorry to jumpp in on you but you say your roo is 8 weeks old so im guessing you have a good since of br but im posting apic of mine who is now 9 to 10 weeks does he look like a roo or does she look like a hen? [​IMG]

3. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    My chick is a bantam cochin and not hard to tell he was a roo. He is going to be my next breeder. It's hard to tell with yours yet.

I have a standard cochin that is 14 weeks old and I'm still not sure if it is a hen or roo yet.

4. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    ok thanks sorry to bother you about that thanks again

5. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    That is so funny! I remember when our cockerels were first finding their voices. They used to like to perch right outside our bedroom window in the morning. We would lay in bed and laugh so hard! It sounded like they were being strangled! [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Yep, when my alpha roo was just learning to crow my SO was sure one of the dogs was choking to death. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by