I thought I had Pure Ameraucana Roos.....but I think there is some Wynadotte in them....what do you

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Shades of Blue, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I just noticed the blue one has no beard....and the folks where we bought them did have blue Wynadottes. I think the one is pure...what is your opinion? thanks.

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I see nothing to indicate wyandotte, but you are correct, with a beard and muffs it sure doesn't meet the standard for ameraucana. Colouring looks okay, though. Were any of the breeder's other birds sparce on beard/muffs? Could be two that were het. for the gene produced a son who inherited both copies of not-beard/muff.

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Neither one of them look like pure ameraucanas to me.

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    X2

5. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

The boy on the right looks just like an Easter Egger roo of mine. And does the boy on the left have a splotchy earlobe? That tells me that he's mixed.

6. Shades of Blue

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    thanks for your replies.....we have been selling eggs from these boys advertizing them as EE's to stay safe. I don't like to false advertize. I think maybe a good idea might be to email the original owner and ask them. My son in law bought them at the Fur and Feather sale at Mt. Forest and the folks were from Windsor. I have included pics of the 2 other roosters we bought as chicks there at the same time. We have been calling them EE roosters also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Shades of Blue

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    my daughter said his lobes are almost a bright iradeseint pink....she said they seemed very odd to her but I am not sure if they are splotchy.

8. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

x3 [​IMG]

9. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    they look like ee though the blue maybe pure

10. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I doubt it, he just looks like he is pure.

There are a few people in Canada who have pure ameraucanas, I would try to see if you can locate them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by