1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I thought I knew.......

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Big Red Hen, Jan 28, 2010.

  1. Big Red Hen

    Big Red Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

    205
    0
    119
    Apr 22, 2009
    Smoaks, SC
    I found out yesterday that my white Ply. Rock lays very light beige eggs.....NOT white like I thought. Hmmm...just when you think you know, you find out you don't .....lol.... So that earlobe thing doesn't work for all chickens, eh? And here I was thinking my Dominique had a few 2-egg days.......
     
  2. SmartyChick

    SmartyChick An Official Milkmaid

    Oct 19, 2009
    Sullivan County NY
    I've heard the ear lob thing isn't 100% but aren't cream eggs pretty, that's what mine lay! Chickens will never cease to surprise you [​IMG]
     
  3. jeslewmazer

    jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

    Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    the earlobe thing is not 100%. My game chickens all have red earlobes and 80% lay white and the other 20% only have a light tint that you can't even tell unless you compaire to the other white eggs. And my Dorking lays white eggs and has red earlobes.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by