I thought it took 28 days?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by racuda, May 26, 2011.

1. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    I had nine eggs due to hatch tomorrow under a broody hen. I took tomorrow off from work so I could be home with them. When I come home from work today I found one peachick dead in the run and four were hatched under the hen, with two more pipped. If I had known they would hatch in 27 days I would have taken today off too and maybe saved the one chick.

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    So sorry! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sometimes the eggs hatch early. Most of my eggs that hatch, hatch a day or 2 before they are actually spose to hatch.

3. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    I had 3 hatch yesterday at day 27 and 1 today at day 28. You hatch enough of anything then you find out the actual day is more like a guideline. An early hatch is much better than a late one. The late hatches of anything seem to be weaker and have more leg and toe problems.

4. racuda

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    After they all hatch I'll post pics so maybe you all can help identify the colors.

5. SuperPeacockman

SuperPeacockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Quote:Please do, where are the eggs from?

6. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Wonders if I could still get peachicks....

Maybe the pictures will hold me off??!!

7. racuda

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
  8. DAS

DAS Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    NW Wisconsin
    She's a great seller. I have purple bs silver pied chicks that just hatched from her and six more of her eggs (bronze and spaulding-java) in the incubator. She is also sending me seven more. This is the third year I have bought eggs from her off Ebay. I have two nice white males hatched from her eggs, two years ago, that are breeding this year [​IMG]

9. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:Thanks for sharing that info
    Xoox

10. frenchblackcopper

frenchblackcopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    East central Illinois
    I have considered buying eggs from that seller many,many times,,,but it's a distance thing for me,,glad you have great luck with them.I always try to locate eggs within 250 miles from me when bidding-buying,,hoping it will only take 2 days to get them here,although last year on one auction 128 miles away,it took 3 days to get them here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by