I thought it was a speckled Sussex but not anymore, any ideas?

mehomestead

In the Brooder
Aug 18, 2016

Any ideas as to what this breed may be? She is 5 weeks old as of today. I think it's my extra surprise chick thrown in by McMurray. She looked just like a speckled Sussex chick only slightly lighter in color and now looks different. She also doesn't look like my partridge rocks. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

I ordered 2 delawares, 3 barred rocks, 4 buff orpingtons, 2 partridge rocks, 2 speckled Sussex, and 2 silver laced wayandottes, plus the extra free mystery chick. When she was really little she looked just like my two speckled Sussex only slightly lighter but the same chipmunk type stripes, so I thought they threw in an extra speckled Sussex. Now she has no white at all and doesn't look like a Sussex so I don't know what she is or even if she is a he. Very sweet bird, kind of keeps to herself, but very calm and probably my favorite one! I love her colors but just puzzled as to what she or he is.

Here's when she was younger

I ordered 2 delawares, 3 barred rocks, 4 buff orpingtons, 2 partridge rocks, 2 speckled Sussex, and 2 silver laced wayandottes, plus the extra free mystery chick. When she was really little she looked just like my two speckled Sussex only slightly lighter but the same chipmunk type stripes, so I thought they threw in an extra speckled Sussex. Now she has no white at all and doesn't look like a Sussex so I don't know what she is or even if she is a he. Very sweet bird, kind of keeps to herself, but very calm and probably my favorite one! I love her colors but just puzzled as to what she or he is.

Here's when she was younger

The difference that would have been noted as day-olds and beyond would be leg color. SS have white/pink legs where this bird has yellow legs - there are a couple of possible IDs for her, the next few weeks will be very telling in sorting out the differences between them as she matures a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom