I thought we had a deal!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by serena763, Jul 12, 2010.

1. serena763

serena763 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2010
    I have a chick who likes to perch on my shoulder and here lately the top of my head. I thought we had a deal there would be NO POOPING in the hair. Frankie finally broke that deal and is now grounded. The nerve of it all is when he/she comes up to me and does the "let me jump on your shoulder dance" and I poke him in the chest and tell him, "No Mr. Poops" he/she throws a little chick tantrum! The nerve!!

2. Frogtown

Frogtown Back 40 Farm

Aug 16, 2007
    South Carolina
    [​IMG]

3. katdam

katdam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    texas
    i have a 5 wk old dominique that is absolutly jealous!!!! if i hold any other chick and she sees me she runs over, flies in my lap and tries to "remove" the other chick....and then looks at me like" how dare you"!!! it's tooo cute!!

4. serena763

serena763 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

I can't believe how much personality they have!

5. girlychick

girlychick Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    I've had a pigeon poop on my head before....its a lot worse then a chick especially when you think your brothers threw a stick at your head so you feel the back of your head to see bird poop and a flock of pigeons flying away.....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Blue guy is the chicken red guy is u: [​IMG]
    ^
    That sentence sounded stupid

One of my chickens tells you when she's gonna poop she squats down and she's like a little wind up thing she backs up with out walking like jumping kinda then peeps really loud! xD
    The other chick believes I am her mama and follows me around and makes me hold her almost all the time! she likes to ride on my shoes xD

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
  6. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Wear a head scarf...it's a win-win [​IMG]

7. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    My girls are also in the habit of perching on my shoulder and now on my head. I think they think it's a game. At first there was no pooping, but recently they started doing it. Fortunately, they haven't been messy. My husband thinks I'm crazy for letting them hang out with me. What am I gonna do when they're full grown?![​IMG]

8. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Ewww.... Chicken poop in the hair... [​IMG]

I think it's time to call in the dogs... The chick breached his contract and now needs to stand the consequences. [​IMG] From now on arm perching ONLY! [​IMG] And I'm serious, little mister!

9. mattdog1995

mattdog1995 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2010
    Elizabeth City, NC
    I remember once when i was about 9 or 10 me and my friends were playing hide and go seek in the dark. little did i know that the neighbors peacock just happened to be in the tree i was hiding under. After a few minutes i felt something wet hit my head and when I looked up a big peacock flew out of the tree. It was nasty! [​IMG] I ran and washed out my hair with the water hose.! [​IMG]

10. Lesalynn

Lesalynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Darnell, Louisiana
    [​IMG] OMG, ya'll are so funny!!! [​IMG] Gotta say tho, if mine ever show a hankering to hang out on my head, I'm gonna have to start wearing some kinda head-gear...........I got WAY too much hair to be thinking of washin poo out several times a day [​IMG] Shoot, might have to start hanging rain-gear outside the coop door, just to make sure I come out dry [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by