I TOOK MY CHICKEN SHOPPING TODAY/ UPDATE...REQUESTED PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mtnhomechick, Jul 18, 2008.

1. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    I've been nursing and injured rir pullet of two months for a few days now and was getting cabin fever. I can't leave her alone cause she rolls over and can't get back.

Well........I fixed an old two section purse and put some rolled towels and paper towels in one side and set her on top of it. I put a small ice bag in the section next to her so she would stay cool. Two small front compartments held water, syringe and food.

I had a ball and no one even knew she was in the store even though I kept the top zipper wide open. She slept through most of it but was real active in the car. I tried to set my purse in the cart but she wouldn't have that!!! So, I just carried my purse as normal.

It was kind of a tongue in cheek experience!!! We went to a grocery store, a dollar store and ( shame on me ) a liquor store. Guess everyone was in their own bubble!!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  2. Beanbag

Beanbag Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    South Georgia
    Thats very very cute... totally sounds like something I would do. Good luck in her recovery. [​IMG]

3. DarkUnicorn

DarkUnicorn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Walden, NY
    Hey if people can take their little dog with them to the store in a purse......

Why not a chicken.

I'd rather see someone at the local auction house nursing a sick chicken than bringing their annoying yapping dog!!! Yes there are two people who have brought a dog to the auction house i like.... The owners finally said no more, after cute lil dog snapped at someone!!!

4. DarkUnicorn

DarkUnicorn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Walden, NY
    I hope your pullet is feeling much better soon!!!

5. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    OMG!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] That is soooooo dang funny!!! I would have rolled in the aisles if I had seen that!!! What a lucky chicken to be so loved!! Awesome story..gets my post of the day award!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    That's too funny!

Welcome fellow Arkansan to BYC.

jackie

7. mtnhomechick

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Quote:My thoughts eggzactly.......my sis roams the town with her lil yappy dog so I figured my chicken is MY pet. It was funny!!! My husband drove and we passed a friend of ours and I held up my purse to the window and he started laughing hysterically. Thought he might go off the road!!

8. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    I did that once with a kitten [​IMG] We had gotten a cat from these people and it turned out it was their son's cat and he was away at camp, when he came home he found out his parents gave his cat away and cried and cried they came over and asked for the cat back and since they felt bad about it brought me a little kitten- turns out she was only 2-3 weeks old [​IMG] long story shorter she was my best bud and used to go to the store with me all the time in a bag lined with a towel and her essentials so yay I could see me doing that with one of the chickens in a heartbeat LOL

9. mtnhomechick

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Quote:Are you anywhere near Mountain Home?

10. gdaryl333

gdaryl333 Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2008
    Florida
    Oh tha is very cute! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by