1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I took some ones advice

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Berynn, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    I don't remember who, but someone on this sight suggested to me that I should find The chicken health hand book. I got it yesterday. It is an awesome book. It answered so many questions that I had, as well as new ones.
    I would advice anyone to have that book that has chickens.

2. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    thanks. ill look around for it.

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    It a great book I have it

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I got one too, I rally like it. It is useful to read though the whole thing and take some notes along the way, so if something does happen, you can recall where to look!

5. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    I read where someone had a chick with a swollen head, well that chick may of had helicopter disease, and one reason why chicks don't hatch is because of putting eggs from different hatches in the bater, also there is air sac disease. There is so much helpful info in this book.

6. HenHappy

HenHappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    Would someone be kind enough to post the ISBN # for me? I'm always on the lookout for handy books (I work in a bookstore). You can find the number on the back, usually by the bar code, and if there is two, both #'s would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  7. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    ISBN# is 978-0-88266-611-2
    GOOD LUCK

8. HenHappy

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    Cool, and Thank you! I just looked it up and I can get it at my store so I will definately order it! I just posted another thread about another book about poultry breeds. Check it out if you are interested!

9. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    Where did you post the thread? I can't find it.

10. HenHappy

Feb 16, 2007
    on my way to you....
    Under breeds catagory...Titled "I have a book recomendation" does that help? Things get pushed along so fast on here!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by