I updated my website about my chicken house

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by MamiPollo, Jun 26, 2011.

1. MamiPollo

MamiPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    My Coop
    A couple of months ago, Teach1RUs helped me convert my ugly old metal shed in my backyard to a chicken house. It has worked out very well for my five hens. I wrote a website about it last month, and it has been very popular! So many people are interested in raising backyard chickens!

I recently updated the website, so you might enjoy taking a look at it. It gives detailed instructions, with photos, of how to convert an old shed into a fresh air chicken house. There are also links to other websites with more inspiration, as well as links to Amazon so you can purchase the materials to do the job if you like.

http://www.squidoo.com/chicken-shed

I am always happy to answer any questions or help if I can. I was able to do this very inexpensively, with Teach1RUs's help. It is very secure. I have not had any problems at all with predators. There is a lot of room for the chickens. In all, at has been a great solution for us!

2. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    That looks really great. What a good idea.

3. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Loved it thanks for sharing [​IMG]

4. MamiPollo

Mar 6, 2011
    My Coop
    Thank you! Glad you liked it! [​IMG]

5. CandiceN

CandiceN Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    NH
    Nice job, it looks great [​IMG]

6. PhilErvin

PhilErvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2009
    Yucaipa, CA
    Great idea!! Nice job!! Do you have additional pictures of the construction phase or additional pointers on the process??

7. MamiPollo

Mar 6, 2011
    My Coop
    I have a few, but I think I posted the best ones. Do you have any specific questions, or just want more detail?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by