I use aol...

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Frosty, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Frosty

Frosty Songster

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
  2. MinxFox

MinxFox Crowing

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    I think even non AOL users can see it because I don't use AOL and it let me watch the video.[​IMG]

Haha I love how people think white peafowl are rare! They are so 'rare' that just about all the peafowl breeders have them. [​IMG]

Hmm maybe I should let people come see my four 'rare' white peafowl. That is also funny because I have more white peafowl then any other variety....

Thanks for the video! It is always funny to hear what people who aren't in the peafowl hobby or know much about them say.

3. Frosty

Frosty Songster

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    My sister once sent me a picture of a beautiful 'albino' peacock. I nicely told her that it probably wasn't albino, it was just white. Most people don't know that they come in more than one color.

On a different subject, I bought the plans for a building on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/280526591023?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 Now I just need to have some lumber delivered so I can start on it (that and decide where to put it..) A few modifications and it should be an awesome pea house! I work at Menards (like Lowes) and can watch for sales, then get an additional 10% employee discount. Anyhow, I was walking through the flooring department while at work last night, and stopped to look at some vinyl flooring. A friend has some in her henhouse and it looks really nice. I was talking to one of the guys in that department and mentioned that I was planning to buy some. Then I added that it's for the bird house. He said 'so you'll probably just need a foot'. I told him more like 16' x 16'. The look on his face was awesome when he asked 'how many birds do you have?!?'

4. Their plans are really nice and easy to follow. Make sure you check the local codes though. Probably not a problem where you are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: