i usually dont ask for prayers but

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Queen Scoot, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    my 6 month old great pyr,Tonto is fighting parvo, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] so would y'all be kind and say a prayer for him so he'll pull through? thank you all so much!

2. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Of course, I will! Our puppy had Parvo. (She will be 10 years old this year, so, it IS beatable!!!!) I remember vividly what a horrible experience that was.
    She had it when we got her from the animal shelter. We had to give her subcut fluids at home, cause our vet at the time didn't want her near his clinic. And we coax-fed her with LOTS of chicken broth and a dropper. Your dog can beat it, too. Good luck.

3. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    Quote:thanks hes home and is being coaxed fed,drinking gatorade and chicken broth...he has the will to live i know he can beat this!

4. PennyinOK

PennyinOK Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2008
    Se Oklahoma
    Lots and lots of fluids and ANYTHING he will eat...I will pray fot you and your dog! I know how hard this is from experience. Take care,

5. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    Quote:thanks..i kinda have to coax him to drink...plus i have been giving him water and chicken broth with a dropper...been up pretty much all night with him.

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

7. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    oh dear, he has quite a fight ahead of him. poor baby. i'll be praying.

8. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    poor baby, try jars of baby food too.

9. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    thanks everyone,as sick as he is he came and did his rounds this morning when i went to do the chores and he also barked at the "big bad" garbage man! lol hes gotta make it![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    well to update yall he is drinking on his own a lil bit but i still am droppering him with chicken broth and gatorade..bought some canned and have been kinda force feeding/coaxing him to eat a lil bit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by