I"VE DECIDED>>>>>>BLRW

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by buzzard chick, Jan 31, 2008.

1. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    Anyone that can sell me some hatching eggs I would greatly appreciate it. I'm looking for about 6-8. Please send pictures and price including shipping. Thanks!

2. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    Good luck! I have been trying to get some FOREVER!!!! BLRW are gorgeous though aren't they??? I've discovered a smallish chicken factory in Atkins Arkansas thta I'm going to visit Saturday. I have my fingers crossed that they have either the BLRW that I want or the BT Japanese Bantams that my son wants. I hope you get some eggs, Let me know if you do!

3. buzzard chick

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    HI Karri,

I did find some on ebay and eggbid but I was gunna try here first. I did find one hatchery that sells a doz. for $60 !!! I'll let you know what I find and you do the same . ok? Good Luck.

Jen

4. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    Thanks. I saw some on ebay too for 60.00 a dozen!!!! I am POOR people!!! I can go up to 30.00 but I can't go higher than that. It looks like I'm going to have to start saving all my change though b/c I CANNOT wait a whole other season for these birds. I am going to Oregon in a week, after that I am saving EVERTHING!!!! I will let you know though if I find some. Cari Brown on here has some and she said she iwll let everyone know when they start laying well again. SHe said to send her an email then so I can get on a waiting list. You might want to try to get ahold of her, she has really pretty birds!!!!

5. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    Folks I would really check around, I recently saw a post somewhere that had the best BLRW I have ever seen in the states. One of the hens on it look almost identical to the one that took the big UK show about 4 years ago.

I will look and try to place the link here, I only go to 3 boards so I will try and find it.

6. buzzard chick

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    THANKS![​IMG]

7. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    I found a site in Ar that has BLRW. Might want to check it out. It did not say if it was chicks or eggs. They are selling other breeds of eggs though. Good luck. When you get there click on for sale. I hope thats what you are looking for.
    http://poorridgeranch.com/index.html

8. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    http://www.backwoodspoultryfarm.com/Wyandottes_.html

These are the Wyandottes I was typing about, the dark hen looks like the one in the UK that won Grand Champion.

By the way if you have a BLRW that is darker than that or has lacing that is darker than that, its not done yet [​IMG].

Blue Laced Red Wyandottes to name a few of our favorites

Thats a quote form the poor ridge ranch site, but they dont have one picture of them on their site [​IMG].​

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  9. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Buddy has gorgeous birds.. and is great to deal with [​IMG]
    Denna

10. buzzard chick

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    Thanks PIPER, I saw both sites but Backwoods want 60.00 for the eggs! that's just more than I'm willing to spend. They have great looking birds but I want them because of their beauty and temperment but will only be using them for eggs.

Jen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by