I wake up this morning to find my OEGB pullet Coal dead....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Attack Chicken, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    She was going fine yesterday. She had been broody the past few days and I wake up to find her dead in her carrier just like she was sleeping.. What happened?!I know it has to be something I did..it always is...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Assuming she was well cared for, why would you blame yourself??? Sometimes these things just happen. I'm sorry you had to start your Monday morning this way, and sorry about the loss of girl... [​IMG]

3. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Awww. I'm sorry for her loss.

I lost a baby goat to the cold temps yesterday and even though its an Act of God/Nature, I still wonder what I should have done to prevent it too.

[​IMG]

4. FortWorthChicks

FortWorthChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Im so sorry for your loss! Sounds like what ever took her worked quick and at least she didn;t suffer a bunch!

I hope things get better.

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] Sorry for your loss. I lost my only Royal Palm tom Christmas day to the cold. [​IMG]

6. MIKE555444

MIKE555444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Pliny, West Virgina
    [​IMG]

7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    she may not have been broody, maybe she was just not feeling well and laying low where she wouldn't be picked on and just looked like a broody. Don't feel bad, there wasn't any way for you to tell if she was not having diarreah, sneezing, head shaking or other signs... Hopefully it was an isolated incident. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by