I wanna be reincarnated....as a armadillo

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Sep 6, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    It was bound to happen. The puppy discovered a 'dillo in the yard last night. Total chaos on the dog's part. He was barking and growling and lunging like he'd just discovered a booger that was going to eat mama, the cats and then set fire to the house.
    The dillo on the other hand was completely calm, in his/her zen, just going along....lalalalala [​IMG] even with a set of big teeth not 2 inches from his head. Paid not one bit of attention to the dog.
    Yep, I want to come back as a 'dillo. Or as we now call them (for the dog's sake) a digger-booger.
    Oh to be that calm. [​IMG]

2. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Oh, yeah, reallll calm. Like all the "calm" armadillos we count on the side of the highway, just a relaxin'

[​IMG]

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    [​IMG]

And when all else fails you can roll into a ball and go back to your own little world! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Exactly! [​IMG]

6. TammyTX

TammyTX Overrun With Chickens

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    eeeww. Armadillos carry leprosy. [​IMG]

Maybe that's why they are so calm. "...lick me and your tongue will fall off!!

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Do they? really? can people catch it?

8. Chicksdigit

Chicksdigit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    Tool, Texas
    Quote:Umm Yeah maybe they should have a little fear

9. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    yeah, a hint of self-preservation never goes wrong

10. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    don't like them much as they dig up my yard and smell terrible...one 4 a.m. my then husband let my adult male Doberman out for a potty call...and he let him back in without checking his mouth knowing full well he was subject to bringing things into the house that he "found" on his ramblings...this morning the dog had captured an armadillo...he ran past dh into his crate and let go of it to admire his catch...well, it took off like a scalded cat, the dog after it, me after it and the dog, dh after it the dog and me...total chaos...I had a fm in the house with pups and she was hysterical about the loose critter and tearing around trashing the place...I had three show dogs in crates in the living room screaming to be let out to join the chase...everyone was peeing, including the armadillo as he ran...I finally hemmed it up in a cabinet in the kitchen...wonderful dh would not touch it and I had to get gloved, grab it's tail and release it outsside...and then I looked at the wreckage...I am not good at 4 a.m., and this was over the top...I told dh the mess was his as he was supposed to check the dog's mouth when he came in...I cleaned up the dogs and got them all settled down but dh was informed that he would not sleep again until the house was back in order, broken things gathered and put into trash bags, mopping up the sprayed piddle, all of it...the house smelled awfu for several days...no, I don't like 'dillos and wonderfu dh doesn't live here any more either...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by