I wanna know all about ya'lls favorite bird!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by blondiebee181, Sep 14, 2012.

1. blondiebee181

blondiebee181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Pick your favorite poultry pal (chicken, duck, goose, turkey) and brag about why you love it with a pretty pic of course!
    [​IMG]
    It's SUPER hard to pick, but I love my Xena. She's an Americauna that I picked up at the feed store back in march with 4 other pullets. Right from the getgo, she was always the boldest and most boisterous. Always tough on the outside, but a soft teddy bear in actuality. She loves treats of course and being held and stroked. She likes napping in my arms and coming in the house for visits! Her precious little minty green eggs are delicious!

1 person likes this.
  2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Aww, your Xena is cute.

I can't really pick a favorite, but I am really enjoying my 7 week old chick named Maggie. She is very outgoing and likes to be picked up or to fly to my lap. She is a playful Barred Rock.

[​IMG]

3. serama hen

serama hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2012
    Nothern New Jersey
    [​IMG]i LOVE[​IMG]seramas their such tiny little chickens and im looking all over for them wish i could find

4. blondiebee181

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Aw!!! I have a BR too and they are so sweet! Mine's a little slow...if ya get me....but such a good girl!

5. blondiebee181

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    They are so cute! Have you tried the buy/sell/trade section on here? Or called one of the larger hatcheries in your area?

6. RMo2

RMo2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

This is Stella. It is hard for me to say that I have a favorite, but I do!!! She has a wonderful personality. When I let the girls out to free range, she is just not happy if I go inside to get a few things done. She will wait by the back door and frequently will tap on the glass until I come back. She was our first to lay an egg and she lays beautiful green eggs (though sometimes they are bluish-green).

[​IMG]

Stella gets along great with everyone. She even likes our cat. She sticks pretty close with one of our dogs, and follows her around the yard. Stella is a great girl! I don't tell the girls I have a favorite though, of course!!!!

7. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Gidget is my special girl. She has a crooked foot, survived a major accident when she was a chick, and is just as sweet as pie. I love all our girls, but oh, I love Gidget!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  8. hollys chooks

hollys chooks Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a Xena too!

Her full name is Xena Worrier Chicken.

[​IMG]

Here she is covered in yoghurt, her favourite food.

9. blondiebee181

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Stella is beautiful! Xena is the saaame way...she comes up to the door often to say hi, she also wants catfood from inside though!

10. blondiebee181

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Yay! Hahaha! Yup my little Xena is quite the adventurer...I feed yogurt sometimes too and they get it EVERYWHEEEERE...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by