I wanna see your mix-breeds!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenCharmer, May 10, 2009.

1. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

does anyone have chicken mutts? Post your pics here!!! It would be super interesting! I bred a yokohama/OEG and a lakenvelder/OEG (I only have OEG roos...) but both died [​IMG] [​IMG] and I am having murderous thoughts about those raccoons [​IMG] ....
    I was looking forward to what they would look like- I'm so disappointed.
    Please show me your breed-mixes!!!

2. ChickenCharmer

*Sigh* doesn't anybody have mutts??

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yup...there are lots of mutts on here. Probably just no one saw the thread. I will see if I can dig out a few pics of the mutts in my life. I don't have too many here. Most of the mutts I hatch I give to my mother.

4. ChickenCharmer

Thanks! It would be so cool to see more mutts. Do you happen to know of a chicken-mutt-website, or something?

5. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is pullet from a Black Australorp Hen Crossed With a RIR Roo.

[​IMG]

This one is a pullet from a White Rock Hen Crossed With a RIR Roo.

[​IMG]

6. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    This is Starla....he is a BSL/EE cross. So, he is a serious mutt....one mutt crossed to another mutt!!! LOL

[​IMG]

Alexandra. She is Silkie/something.....

[​IMG]

Crystal. She is Golden Campine/White Leghorn

[​IMG]

That is just a few of the many mutts in my life. They are some of the most wonderful chickens. Strong, healthy, fun. [​IMG] I do adore mutts.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  7. ChickenCharmer

Wow, I love Crystal and Alexandra. Starla is cool too, but (sorry) names ending in "a" are normally feminine- maybe call him "Starlo" - Ah, never mind, I'm just being stupid. My Red Pyle OEG roo is called "Vienna" which is also a very girly name, and, believe me, Sir Vienna is definately NOT a girly roo... I just called him "Vienna" cause the name sounds kind of artistic...

Anyway, never mind my nonsense, just show me more mutts!

8. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL Oh, trust me, Starla is a definite girl name and we know that. LOL He was named that as a baby because his father was named Star and it was his first child. We have a policy...name them ALL girl names to encourage them to turn into hens!!! Somehow his name just never got changed and he will forever live with an identity crisis!!! [​IMG]

9. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I've got some mutts too.

Dominique roo with a Silver laced Wydonette hen

[​IMG]

Domique roo and Buff hen

[​IMG]

Those aren't named but this next one is called Midget. It is also a cross with the Dominique and buff I think. All her feathers aren't done yet.

[​IMG]

This next one is of my first hatch. The black one didn't make it. but the other 4 did. I had a pair of each and the previous pic are of them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  10. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    This is what I consider one of my strangest mixes. [​IMG] I just took this with my cell phone and they were NOT cooperating so pardon the poor quality pic.

Anyway, the chick on the left is a light Brahma and there for reference purposes. The chick on the right is a mix of my Bantam EE roo and my BTWJ hen. HUH???? I have two of each and they look so much alike it is not funny!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by