I wanna See Your Mutts and Crosses!

Jenlyn9483

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Ok, some of you know that I have just recently finished building The Missy Prissy Chick Bator. I have not incubated any eggs since I was like 13 yrs old with a Bator I begged for that I got for xmas from the local Coop. No one really showed me how to use it. I just read the directions, gathered some eggs and went on my way. No fancy turner..only a strofoam incubator with a wafer thermostat. I was as dilgent as a 13 yr old an be with no guidance, turning the eggs and maintaining water in the troughs ect. My hatch rate was about 3 for every 8 or 10, Which wasn't bad considering. Well I have bought some cheep mutt eggs from a local guy to do my first test run with. All I know about these eggs are that the Rooster is RIR and that he has some Black Astrolorp hens from what i was told. What I know from looking at the eggs is, that he also had at least one EE hen and something that laid smallish white eggs, (looks to be a bit larger than bantam eggs). I figured it would be SO fun to see what peoples mutts look like from crosses..

1) Include Pic, Age, and breeds involved.

We have 3 mutts for sure. Breeder had a Buff Brahma roo and some Ameraucanas from MM, so EEs. So EE/Buff Brahma X. I just call them EEs.

They were 10wks in these.

The good dirt hole.

12939_chick_pics_033.jpg

12939_chick_pics_050.jpg

Oliver, a buttercup/silkie roo
OliverJune122.jpg

Primo, a serama modern game roo(unfortunately he disappeared)
PrimoMay111.jpg

Sasha is an unknown cross, I was told part EE. She lays medium sized white eggs. She is the hen on the right, black with some brown and the big single comb.
flock1.jpg

Oliver has a great hair-do! I love Silkie mixes! We had a ton of them hatch this year! Maybe I'll get to post some pictures...
Blessings,
Amy J.

I've got Light Brahma (LB) x RIR, x BR, x WL, x Black Australorp (BA) and really like a couple of them (going to try for more!)

This is Tuxedo, LBxBA...12 weeks...
IMG_1862.jpg

One of the 3 LBxRIRs...also 12 weeks...
IMG_1861.jpg

They look just like a LB, and get the most amazing bronze highlights in their hackle feathers.

LBxBR, xRIR, xWL...about 8 weeks.
P5260023.jpg

You'd think the white Leghorn cross would look like the LB, but this one is a sooty dalmation.
hmm.png
She's sweet, though.

Last year we hatched 2 eggs under our broody Jersey Black Giant, Lou. One egg was hers and the other was from Rachel, our Partridge Plymouth Rock. Dad is Sam our Golden Campine roo. Dolley is all black except for a few spots of gold edging on her back feathers.

Sam
SamJune2007.jpg

Rachel
P5060045.jpg

Rachel's chick, Hannah
April172008Hannahinsun.jpg

Lou with her day old chick, Dolley
LouherfirstchickAug142007.jpg

Dolley
April172008Dolley.jpg

Back
Top Bottom