I wanna see your wolf!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by goatkeepers, May 1, 2008.

1. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    I have read that several people here have wolves and I would love to see pictures of them! That's just the neatest thing. Even if it's a wolf hybrid, pics please [​IMG].
    Do they act like dogs? I know you have to be really watchful and have a really tall fence if you have one.
    Thanks in advance!
    Nina

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I don't have a pic as he belonged to my ex. However, Wolfie, was SUCH a cute puppy! He is 80% wolf and the calmest, sweetest "dog" ever. Most people just loved him until they heard he was a wolf. He could not be registered as a domestic pet and had to be tattooed (ear stamped) as a wild animal and registered with the state.. Eventually EX was forced to give him up to a nice couple that lives in the country. (Word spread and the neibors didnt approve) He acted like a regular dog in every way. Our son was very young at the time and though we were leery at first we never had a problem. In fact our son still misses him and it has been a few years. I know every one has such different opinions on this subject, but my experience was that they can make good pets.

3. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    This is Moonwalker/ TimberWolf/Siberian Husky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    AWW! What a lovely dog...er...Wolf..Hybrid! LOL what DO you call him? lol Well, he sure is beautiful and LOVE the name! [​IMG]

5. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    He usually comes when I say "biscuit"! <grin>
    Depends on who I am talking to. To my neighbors with livestock, he's a Siberian Husky <wink>

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Had two wolf hybrid pups... 60 something % wolf. One was golden and one was black. We didn't have them very long though. Elk ended up eating a kitten and Crow had a heart murmer, so they both returned to the breeders. Elk was very doggish and didn't mind the car etc. but Crow was very scared and timid and didn't like anything manmade. He hid a lot and even though he got used to me he was very wild acting. They were both GORGEOUS though!

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  7. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Beautiful!! [​IMG] Thanks so much. Stupid question, but how do you know that he's part wolf? If I didn't know it, I would've said he's a siberian husky. [​IMG]

8. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Stover my LOve
    [​IMG]
    Stover & I in March, he turned 4 yrs old January 2008

9. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    Quote:He has a longer nose, longer, less pointed ears than a husky and has and extra set of canines.
    He also tends to keep his tail straight sometimes, rather than always tightly curled.
    He also exhibits many typical wolf behaviors, which are NOT like a dog.
    I got him from Animal Control as a Husky and saw the behavior pattern first, then looked at physical signs and the vet I took him to backed me up. He is probably either no more than a 60% or several generations hybrid, becasue at higher %'s the blue eyes will not come through

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  10. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    here is my wolf, reported to be pure Mackenzie Valley wolf. Bottle raised. He worked as a running double in White Fang II and knows some basic commands, will walk (nervously) on a leash and go into a crate if you tell him to, Sit, down, come. He is much older now, it is in fact almost "time" if you know what I mean. He is about 8-10 in this pic.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by