1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I want a Flemish giant rabbit- anyone want to ship me one and tell me

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by wannabchick, Jun 24, 2011.

1. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Hey di ho..everyone..okay so I soo sooo sooo want flemming..so soo soo want one..

Do I want male or female? And why? What color? Are their different personalities with color and sexes..vie asked this to many and now thought how can I not ask my byc buddies..

So whose got some baby flemmings that can ship? I can't find any in my area dag nap it...
    And would love to hear other flemming owners experiences..do dish..
    Xoxox

2. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    i find that the males arent as temperamental as the girls

i am in new hampshire with 10 week old babies - you would have to drive, dont ship sorry
    light grays

we have 3 males and 3 females. one that runs loose in the yard he is great. acts a lot like a cat

you can see them on my website posted link under my name i think

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  3. CocoNUT

CocoNUT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Depending on where you are in NoVA there are several people to purchase them from. I see a lot of Flemish Giants offered for sale in the Fredricksburg and Manassas areas. Look them up on Craig's list in those areas.

I love my flemmies...they're so sweet. Some are more outgoing than others...but the boys do seem to be more laid back. Definitely spend LOTS of time with them and you'll be rewarded with a sweetheart! (Treats like hay help too!)

Good luck! They are out there...just keep your eyes/ears open. But they are in your area!

4. jnkir7

jnkir7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    jonesboro arkansas
    im wanting one that gets really big what kind would that be

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:How big is really big to you? I breed french angoras and they typically weigh 8-10 1/2 lbs. Flemish giants are the largest breed there is.

6. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Quote:How big is really big to you? I breed french angoras and they typically weigh 8-10 1/2 lbs. Flemish giants are the largest breed there is.

My FG is close to 17lbs. Debi there is ONE other breed that is larger, can't remember the name.... must google...lol

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My FG is close to 17lbs. Debi there is ONE other breed that is larger, can't remember the name.... must google...lol

Lemme know Bonnie!!! I would LOVE to see that!!

8. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Quote:My FG is close to 17lbs. Debi there is ONE other breed that is larger, can't remember the name.... must google...lol

Lemme know Bonnie!!! I would LOVE to see that!!

the 40# ones?

9. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    i believe they are called continentals ,
    here is mason our flemish buck hanging out in the yard.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  10. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV

The Flemish are the biggest that the ARBA has accepted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by