I want a kitten SO bad...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SarahFair, Oct 26, 2009.

1. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    I just dont like cats.
    Some are pretty cool but it seems everyone I get they hate me. I always end up giving them to another cat lover.
    Cats hate me but I like them. ..kinda.

I just dont like their you can only pet me when I say you can attitude.
    They are just so pretty I want to pet everytime I see [​IMG]

How do I get along with a cat?

2. silkypie

silkypie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Plant City, FL
    I think I was just lucky (if that's what you call it) My kitty Bubba is always by my side. He drives me nuts though. Like right now, I am sitting on my bed surfing the net and he's passed out right by me.

If I get up to use the restroom he follows me.

I hope you find a kitty that does the same.

3. MissChessy

MissChessy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2007
    Texas
    Need to get you a male kitten. Males are more calmer than your females. If you keep your kitty in the house and let them know whose the boss, you can have yourself a sweet lap kitty. Be sure and get them spayed/neutered whatever gender you get, all cats are independent. That's what makes them so easy to care for in the first place. [​IMG]

4. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Quote:I always got a female. Maybe I should try a male...

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I never had cats in my life until my cat-loving DH wanted some. We adopted two male brothers, had them declawed really early and they are the most treasured friends in our life.

I always thought cats didn't give a hang whether you lived or died. But I was wrong.

It's nirvana when you can get a cat to melt completely while you're petting him. A comatose cat on your lap is wonderful !!!!!!! (until you have to pee...)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  6. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    When you go see the kittens look for the friendliest one. The one that likes you to hold it and purrs and purrs while you hold it.

Thats how I look for a lap cat and usually works for me. [​IMG]

7. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Quote:I always got a female. Maybe I should try a male...

A little advice here if you get a male get him fixed or he will leave soon as he matures.
    Seeking out the companionship of a neighborhood female

8. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    Ive known some really cool cats. I would love to get a kitten but my hubbt severely dialikes cats, and so does my dog.
    I had a cat who was bottle raised who for some reason would try to climb into the fridge everytime it opened, and his back leg had a mind of its own, it would periodiaclly attack his face. He never did gain control of it, it attacked him at least once a day haha.
    Had a cat when I was kid that taught himself to sit. He would watch the dogs get treats for sitting, and he started sitting on command, very cute.

9. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Get one and then do what I do, pet them whenever you want.

Mine learned early on that I was going to do what I wanted and they had to learn to deal with it. I get some irritated looks sometimes, cause I love to bug them when they are sleeping (they are just so cute all curled up), but they get over it lol. They like to get attitudes if they can get away with it, so just show them who is boss, with lots of smushy hugs. We have 6 cats and 5 people, so there is usually always a cat being tortured (loved) by someone [​IMG]

Hope you find an adorable kitten that loves you!

10. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

My cat is afraid of deep voices, and if you have one, she will struggle loads until she is out and running away. She always wants food [​IMG] Tough for her, she gets fed 2 times a day [​IMG]

I want ducks so bad, but I have to wait until Spring [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by