1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I want a new coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by hisbride, Jul 14, 2007.

1. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    I just visited a lady today who had the neatest coop. It had the usual coop shape with tin roof. At the front was screened and you could see directly in. She had areas to the left and right but int he middle was a screen door which led to a hall. She had 3 stalls if you will with different chickens. It was all nice and filled with wood shavings. I didn't see a fly in the place and it didn't smell like a coop! Since it was tall she had room above the chickens to have storage at the back but up front she made half rooms for the young chicks after the momma was done with them but before they were ready to be introduced to the rest. She had white Frizzles and a Buff Bantam Cochin, a pair of beautiful white Bantam Cochins with their baby chicks. I think I fell in love with those. [​IMG] At the end of the hall she had a set up for things she needed at hand like wazine and gloves. She also had a lean to out side for her bigger poultry which was RIRs which why we were there. DH said that we could never be able to pull that off.[​IMG] It wasn't really that big she just made good use of space.
    I guess I will be spending the day dreaming

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    That sounds neat. MY fiancee's parents house has 3 acres with a barn. I plan to refix the barn and build the biggest coop anyone has seen. But that will be later on in life when I can afford it lol

3. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    I told DH your making mental notes right of measurements and design right??? He said yes but then as we walked away he rattled off that we homeschool and have a child needing dental work and on and on and on. Boo hoo! By the time we can afford it he will be retired and we are going to be around the world doing missions I hope.

4. mamading

mamading Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2007
    Rhinelander, WI
    Oooooo! I would love to see pictures of her coop!
    Isn't that like the husband to put it all in perspective!! Makes you want to say, "Rain, rain, go away from my parade!" LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by