I want a silkieee!! hehe

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Tripp16, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    OK guys.
    I now want a silkie!!! I have been looking at pictures and my cousin has 5 of them and they are soooo sweet!! I want some soo bad!

But the problem is I have 7 other puillets the will be 4 months old in July. (There growing up....) [​IMG] I would like to get the silkies as chicks so they will be tame and bond with me. [​IMG] I just dont want to go through another annoying integration..... [​IMG]

Do you think I should just be happy with my babies I already have? Or are silkies easy to integrate? I of course wouldnt out them in until they were the size of my babies (my pullets)

Any help would be great! [​IMG]

Espescially silkie experts! [​IMG]

2. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nobody?? [​IMG]

3. greenbottle27

greenbottle27 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    Southern NJ
    Get the silkie, silly! It is a no brainer [​IMG]

4. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    I thought my daughter was insane when she wanted silkies... I LOVE them now...

Everyone needs a silkie... Just remember they are sensitive and easily bullied [​IMG]

I have one that follows me everywhere when I am outside with them.... my sweet little poof balls.

5. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    Get the silkies! you wont regret it [​IMG] I started with one silkie I got by accident, now I have 2... and I am getting 23 silkie eggs in the mail sometime this week. haha but I will tell you in advance sense nobody told me.. Warning: Once you start getting silkies, you wont want to quit

6. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Yea a HUGE warning!!! Once you get a silkie that's all she wrote!!!!! Hooked forever and no going back!

7. Lovable Chicks

Lovable Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    I had a friend give me a silkie when I first got into chickens LONG ago and I still like a few around...I have 7 now [​IMG]

8. TarainNC

TarainNC Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2011
    My 17 year old wanted a white silkie when I started keeping chickens. I found a handicapped hen( another story) and another hen on craiglist. they have been great. My grey splash went broody and hatched a baby duck for us! I also have 3 teenage silkies right now, too. So 5 silkies. They are great mama's. My husband thinks they are the ugliest chickens alive,lol !

9. groundpecker

groundpecker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Rison, Arkansas
    I would like to have a few quality silkies too! Maybe i will get in on an auction when i think the price is right.

10. Flawedatdesign

Flawedatdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Dixon Missouri
    Well I had 3 lost 2 but the one that has survived is sooo cute and the seem to have a bit more personality IMO. Don't get me wrong the other chicks do to but the Silkie just seems to have a bit more spunk.

Anyway Get the Silkie you'll be glad you did. But remember Chicken Math lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by