I want a stand mixer... Advice and recommendations?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by The Chicken Lady, Feb 13, 2009.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    So...big sales and my birthday are coming up... [​IMG] I have decided I want a stand mixer, but I want a good one that is going to last for years and years. Cost isn't necessarily an issue.

What brand do you have and what is your opinion of it? What do you use it for? Any complaints or issues?

2. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Kitchenaid. No question. Especially if you do breads and dough and cookies, the kitchenaids do not overhead and smoke!
    I have one of the cheaper models (still was 100+) My mom has had one for almost 40 years, Still runs great!
    I like that you can purchase attachmenmts to do different things, like grinding meat and shredding...
    I really like mine.
    Happy coming b-day [​IMG]
    Oh, I bought mine at Kohls.

3. FrChuckW

FrChuckW Father to all, Dad to none

Sep 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    I havev to agree, the Kitchen Aid Mix Master is the one to get, aside from the attachment features, it is probably one of the oldest models still on the market today. They are durable, long lasting, and readily adaptable to all kinds of cooking modes for mixing.

My mother had one, and when she passed my sister got it, even though I wanted it. However I got my uncles when he passed. It finally gave up the ghost after being dropped during my last move. So I am saving up my money to buy me a new one with all the accessories.

4. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Brooksville, Fl
    Oh how I love my Kitchenaid!
    I rawfeed my dog and sometimes I get chicken backs and run-it thru the meat grinder attachment. You can't do that with any old mixer!
    Plus there are so many attachments you can always tell your family what you need for the next "gift holiday".
    So if you don't get a Kitchenaid you'll be doing all your loved ones a disservice![​IMG]
    By the way, I use it for frostings and bread dough and of course cakes and brownies.
    and then the meat stuff!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  5. DuckLady

DuckLady Previously DuckLady! Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Kit-Chen-Aid

All the way bay-bee.

Get the biggest one you can afford. You will use it.

6. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:I agree! It is worth the investment! Love mine!!!

7. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Oh absolutely. I've had my Kitchen-Aid for years and I absolutely love it. There's no comparison.

8. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Kitchen Aide. Make sure you get the one that the motor part tilts. I didn't and I regret it. It just makes it slightly less functional. It works far better than my old stand mixer.

9. VettekLisa

VettekLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2008
    Hale, Missouri
    I just bought my Kitchenaid stand mixer today. I bought the Artisan series.
    It was only $299 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond plus I had a 20% off coupon!
    Also, they are having a rebate on certain models. I get a $30 gift card in
    the mail in about 6 weeks, then I can go buy the pasta maker attachment.

10. porteryork

porteryork Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Absolutely Kitchenaide! Mine is 20 years old and my Mom's is over 30 although she is only 29.........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by