I want Anconas -- where did you get yours?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by bayyjayy, Jul 21, 2011.

1. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    I am having a hard time finding a hatchery that sells Anconas and Buffs. I want to order both kinds of ducks! Where did you get yours??

2. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
  3. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Well I'm not sure where to get both but Metzer farms has buffs and so does Mcmurray. I got my buffs from a lady off of Craigslist and I really like them.

4. bayyjayy

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    Sand Hill Preservation...wow! Thanks so much. Didn't even know BLUE Cayugas existed. Hmmmmm..............

5. anaiyuk

anaiyuk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Alaska
    heritage turkey hatchery has anconas still. I think Sandhill is out for the season.....

6. Ahab

Ahab Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Maine
    Cackle has Anconas. Of the 15 I got from them in May, one was DOA and 13 were accurate to type and are hale and hearty, good foragers and altogether sensible, for ducks. One appears to have more than a little black Swedish perched up her family tree and seems confused by her flock-mates' energy and organization.

7. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Plum Run Poultry, is where I will be getting my next Anconas from. http://www.plumrunpoultry.com/ducks.htm
    I
    did buy eggs from Aurora Springs early this February and they arrived very well packaged! [​IMG]
    I have ordered Anconas from Cackle before but most of their Anconas are very black almost like a Pied Color.

8. bayyjayy

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    Hertiage Turkey and Plum Run are the same place...weird. I am feeling very good about it. I wish they sexed the rare birds....I want to get all female. It scares me to have to cull out the boys...makes me sad. I don't even know how many to order....I would like to get two of each kind, but it seems to me when I read on this forum, people order tons. How many do you guys typically order at a time?

Thanks for all your input. Do any of you have the Blue Anconas?? I am thinking I want a couple of those.

9. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:I have yet to find a Hatchery that sexes Anconas... It stinks because every stinkin' time I order or hatch Anconas they are all drakes. [​IMG]
    I would at least order 10 or 15. I would rather take a chance of ordering more than haveing a ton of extra drakes.

I wish I had a Blue Ancona! And a Lavendar oh and a Chocolate and maybe even a Tri-color! Oh who am I kidding I want them all! [​IMG]

10. bayyjayy

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    LOL....that is totally me! I want them ALL....so beautiful. I am wanting Lavenders for sure....they are gorgeous! I hesitate to get so many....what do you with you unwanted drakes??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by