I want chicks now

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by GockeyEgg, Jan 31, 2008.

1. GockeyEgg

GockeyEgg Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2008
    PA
    My DH would shat a brick but I want chicks now. I keep starting an order...then I walk away. Then I come back, hover over the place order....then walk away. I only have to wait 30 more days or so, but 30 days is so long. Must have babies now.... Stop me.

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

waite 30 days!??? [​IMG]
    Stop you!???? [​IMG]

Ohhh jeesh, did you come to the wrong place!! [​IMG]

I say....ORDER NOW!! Do NOT step away!! Just think of those little fuzzy babies...waiting to come home to momma! Awwww...they are peeping out your name....momma....momma....where are you!??

OK, so I am an enabler! [​IMG]

edited to say.... Bricks can be very usefull! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  3. GockeyEgg

Jan 10, 2008
    PA
    30 days is forever isn't it. And what is a few more chicks at this point? Oh, and oops! a few ducks happened to fall in with my order?!? How the heck did that happen? Dirty little buggers.

You're right. Bricks do come in handy. I think dh even commented he wishes he had some the other day. It is a win win.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  4. Chickadee28

Chickadee28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Western IL
    I was supposed to wait until April, the chicks will be here next week [​IMG] I told DH that if in order to get what I wanted I had to order early, kind of true [​IMG] I also explained that we should have eggs by early summer if we get them now. I just couldn't wait till April, being on this board did not help with the wait at all!!

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] I had to wait MONTHS - and then I put my order in and had to still wait - 2 more months, I put the shipping date out far enough for us to be ready with a brooder etc....

its tough - but you CAN do it.............
    Now is the time to plan out the coop and run, the brooder... and then best of all which chickens will you buy?

6. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Stop you?? You want us to stop you? I think you may have come to the wrong place. I came to BYC looking for info because I thought I might want to get 4 or so new chicks this spring. I have 14 on order and 8 eggs on the way and plans to hatch with the 5th grade class at school.....

Stop you????[​IMG]

7. GockeyEgg

Jan 10, 2008
    PA
    I sent DH an email saying "Oops, some baby ducks are coming next week". He didn't spas. He said he didn't know if I was serious but either way he wouldn't spas. Hello bonus chick/ducking order.

My order for the end of Feb is already placed(as well as one for the middle of April). I just can't wait. I hope I never find the means to have an incubator.

8. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    check out my post;)

9. GockeyEgg

Jan 10, 2008
    PA
    Well, it is done. What a funky order it is indeed. Can I blame the evil silkies?(4 of them are in the order) I think they got me through the computer! They made me order them, and they insisted on some nekkid neck weirdos...and then they threw in some runner ducks to boot! Evil....eeeeeevil Mhuwwwaaa haaa haaaa haaaaaaaaaaa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by