I want colored eggs

Hopefulloflove

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 18, 2011
Benson, NC
I am going to be adding to my laying flock this spring. I would love to have some blue, pink and green eggs. What breed of chicken exactly do I need to get? Where should I get them from?

Thanks!

I am going to be adding to my laying flock this spring. I would love to have some blue, pink and green eggs. What breed of chicken exactly do I need to get? Where should I get them from?

Thanks!

I've never seen pink eggs yet. But these are the eggs I got yesterday, I have EE's.

My EE's were purchased from our local Agway back in June, who gets them from Ideal. We have 2 and they've been laying light blue and olive-y blue eggs daily. Good luck on your search!
jumpy.gif

Most hatcheries sell chicks advertised as Ameraucanas/Americanas/Araucanas etc. and those are Easter Eggers. Most will lay green eggs but sometimes you'll get a blue or a light brown to tinted layer (very pale brown looks pinkish or yellowish). I have a few EEs and they all lay green to blue eggs. My mom's Brahmas lay eggs that are very pale pinkish (one even has purple speckles sometimes). My Speckled Sussex lays eggs that are darned close to the color of the palm of my hand.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom