1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I want different colored eggs! **Where to buy colored egg layers in San Diego??**

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LoveHuevos, Dec 12, 2012.

1. LoveHuevos

LoveHuevos Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2011
    Southern California
    I saw a photo of mixed color eggs and now I want some too! I have RIR and never knew about different colored eggs. I bought the pullets from our local feed store so I thought that was my only option. I bought the first batch of chicks two years ago and the second batch a year ago, with a total of 13.

I'd love the blue/green eggs but had a couple questions. Will they all get along? Are they good egg layers? I sell my eggs and think it'd be awesome to throw in a couple blue/green ones for our customers. We live in the desert where it reaches 110 in the summer, so they'd have to be able to withstand the heat.

Any links? Suggestions/advice? I can't wait to start a new flock with beautiful eggs!

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  3. LoveHuevos

LoveHuevos Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2011
    Southern California
    Thank you!

Does anyone know where to buy colored egg layers in San Diego, CA?

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Look for your state thread in the Where am I? Where are you! section. I'm sure there will be a member there who can help you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by