I want EE's

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by lswatson111304, Dec 10, 2011.

1. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    I have some back yard mixes. I love them, they are so pretty and sweet. Then I fell in love with 2 random silkies I bought on a whim locally. They are absolutely adorable. So I started to look at them online, and fell in love with Buffs. So I ordered eggs and am hopeful that I'll have 5 buff silkies hatch in about 5 days. I also have an order in for 12 more hatching eggs for buffs...but NOW I have also fallen in love with the different beautiful EE's I keep seeing...and I want some. SO BAD! My DH will absolutely KILL ME if I order more eggs or buy more chickens. I don't know what to do. I have 8 in the coop, 6 in the brooder, 5 in the incubator, and 12 eggs due to ship in a week and a half! [​IMG] I'm thinking I might have to get rid of a few of my 6 chicks that I just hatched. I haven't bonded with them at all and they were really just an experiment to see if the incubator I borrowed worked. I feel bad about that though. My FIL and BIL both said they might want some though, so it should be easy to get them a good home!

2. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    sounds like you've got a bad case of CHICKEN MATH [​IMG] EE are great birds though [​IMG]

3. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    I really do!!! my DH has been soo great but I don't think that will last long! I just texted my sister in law asking if they want some of the babies ! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by