I want Eggs!!!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by rigelc, Feb 13, 2011.

1. rigelc

rigelc Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2010
    Hi,

I have had 4 Quails for almost a 6 months. They have layed only 2 eggs. O bought 2 females more and when I opened the bag to put them on their new house,there was already an egg. I tought it was the beginning of a new successfull production,but nothing happened. They biggest of my previous Quail started pecking the new ones and there was lot of stress between old ones and new ones. I removed the offender and that stopped. The only problem is that they dont lay eggs.I recently bought a new type of food,one used for chickens and game birds. I hope this helps, but I would like some advise as I would like to have somme eggs for my comsuption.

They live in wooden bunny cage during the night and during the day I manually move them to a one,they get sun,air and earth bath. I feed them and now and the give them worms and crickets.

how can I get many,many,may eggs from my japanese quails?

2. Rainwolf

Rainwolf De La Menagerie

Aug 4, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    My Coop
    1) Light - 14hrs a day of light
    2) Food - 26%-30% protein and a good calcium source.
    3) Low stress environment to live.

3. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    You Forgot 1.....

4) Once Set Change Nothing!

4. Rainwolf

Rainwolf De La Menagerie

Aug 4, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    My Coop
    Quote:ahh yes I did forget to mention that [​IMG]

5. CountryPantry

CountryPantry Fat Matt's Poultry Farm

Feb 23, 2009
    Hayesville, NC
    Quote:Moving them each day could be most of your problem. Quail do not like to be moved or messed with much. They like to be fed, watered and ignored. Just my opinion from my quail.

6. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Coturnix Are The Lovers Of Perpetual Sameness* They Need High Protien Gamebird Feed, And 14 Hrs Of Continuous Uninterupted Light A Day + Clean Fresh Water Daily. Any Chages In Their Environemnt Is A Felony Level Infraction In Coturnix Law... The Sentance For These Infractions Is The Most Severe A Coturnix Can Inflict And They Are Consecutive Sentances For Each Infraction.

"change My Pen? Bad Keeper! No Eggs For You!"
    "change My Roommates? Bad Keeper! No Eggs For You!"
    Change My Feed? Bad Keeper! No Eggs For You!"

Is The Idea Starting To Sink In? [​IMG]

You Sir Rigel Are Guilty Of Many Offenses... There Are No Pardons, Paroles, Or Time Off For Good Behavior. Only Hard Time Served [​IMG]

Get Them Set And Then Leave It Be, Change Nothing From There On Out.... Once Your Sentenance Is Done You Will Receive Eggs

*= Stolen From Joe123

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by