I want eggs!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by howfunkyisurchicken, Dec 9, 2011.

1. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    [​IMG] DANG IT! I have 17 ladies (2 older hens and 15 pullets). I'm getting 2-3 eggs a day [​IMG] My Cochins are 8 months old now, and don't even glance at the nestboxes, no squatting, and are completely nonexistent in the roosters eyes. I have 2 Cochin cockerels the same age, they've never crowed and the frizzle still peeps like a chick! I thought the wait for my EEs to lay was bad- these guys are killing me! 8 months worth of feed, and not a single egg [​IMG] BOO HOO

2. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    Me too! [​IMG]

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I guess we'll just have to [​IMG] together till we get some [​IMG]

4. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Some breeds mature faster than others. Even some "breed lines" don't measure up to the standard. Be patient , I'm sure with the coming winter they are delayed like an airplane in a snow storm.

They'll catch up.

Rancher

5. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    I got one today! It was waiting in the nest box when I went to clean out the coop. So happy not to be getting another softshelled egg!
    [​IMG]

6. Erinmir

Erinmir Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2011
    West Alexander, PA
    I'm right there with y'all that are [​IMG]

My girls are on the cusp of being egg-ready and occasionally dig what look like little nest areas in the straw bedding in their henhouse and I'm fairly sure they are ignoring their egg boxes but no dice yet on the eggs. Every morning I go out there all [​IMG] and open the door and chat with the girls hoping and hoping to see one nice little round giftie from the gals but nada.

I hate waiting. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by