I want info about White-Faced Black Spanish breed

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jarcoo0153, May 16, 2010.

1. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    I am considering ordering some WFBS and wanted to know if anyone could tell me more about them.
    What is thier temperment like?
    Are the good egg layers?

Any other info and pics would be great too!

Thanks
    Jared

2. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    hello, if you click on the google custom search at the top of the page...you will find some links to those birds. I too am interested in getting some...I think they are pretty cool. if you don't find anything p.m. me and I will tell you what I have read about them in my books on poultry.

3. Hillside

Hillside Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2010
    Spanish have been the most companionable chickens I have ever had. They are not winter layers under natural daylength. They do way better with lots of floor space and a piece of grassy ground with some bushes etc.. Moult very late in the season and moult hard. Old birds go into the fall looking like dejected porcupines and can be cause for some concern. They moult very hard but fast and bounce back. They cannot be completely sorted out as fall young stock but males haven't proven hard to house together. Again, they like ROOM.

4. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    Thanks for the help ![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by