i want more chickens, but i cannot get more.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by edible_chicken, Dec 13, 2011.

1. edible_chicken

edible_chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Ohio
    we may be moving to south carolina next summer and plan to move our flock (5) with us. it should be manageable, but i am getting that itch to buy more. i know it'll be a logistical nightmare to move a lot of chickens from ohio to sc, especially in the summer. so i am trying to hold my impulse from buying more chickens. (my wife won't let me sell/give them away, she considers them as family..... [​IMG]) i simply wish summer can be here now and so i can buy more chickens!!!!

2. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    1) tell her that's what you want for Christmas.

2) Wait until the move and then just get some during the drive to SC, randomly stopping in towns along the way and get a souvenier chickens. [​IMG]

3. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    I agree with OP... all I want now that I have my "bok-boks" is more! My voice of reason comes from DH. Not because we are moving, but because I have RA, and that I am determined to take care of them myself. He consistently reminds me of what I can do versus what I want to be able to do. I am 37 and my body doesn't know I am that young....

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    If I were moving I would try to find a home buyer that would take on a few chickens,so I could buy some before the move.Take my favorites and leave some. Ofcourse picking who goes and who stays is almost as hard as controling the buying itch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by