1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I want new chicks/ee's or true

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabianequine, Jun 26, 2011.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I never knew it would be so hard to find new chicks. [​IMG] but locally I don't need anything fancy or want to spend a ton in shipping.

2. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Did you check MPC?

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Look on your local craigs list. A LOT of people have chicks for sale this time of year. I know I have ads for chicks there now [​IMG]

4. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    You could post in the wanted section on here...and maybe someone close to wherever you are would have some.

5. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:Not ringing a bell. What is MPC?

6. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:I do daily at a min. but either 1-2 hours from me still.

7. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:I did put it in wanted a bit back and I did two times in Washington thread, just today was one of those times.

8. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:I did put it in wanted a bit back and I did two times in Washington thread, just today was one of those times.

Too bad you are so far...I have a few EE roos...but of course,no "extra" hens! I wanted EE's so bad this year...I had ordered 2 hens from MPC along with 2 AS....I couldn't wait for their arrival so when I called around to TSC's in the area and found one ( 1 hour and 45 minutes away!) that had EE's...I BEGGED them to hold some for me...I got there and they had sold out but called the next closest store and had them hold them for me...so I got 7 EE's from them and 2 more from MPC.I now have 5 hens and 4 Roos...Good luck finding some.I know how bad I wanted them!

9. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I've had around 20+ mixed variety ameraucanas available for weeks for $2.00 each, but let them all go for $30.00 on Friday.

You're either going to have to pay for shipping or spend the time to pick some birds up.

10. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Sorry you don't live here, I just gave/sold 8 for 50 cents each. Half were EE's.

Rancher

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by