I Want Purple, I Mean Lavender Silkies!! Someone Send Me Some Eggs!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by PurpleChicken, Aug 7, 2009.

1. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  2. catwalk

catwalk Songster

May 19, 2009
    I'm looking for one, too. Have a porcelian hen, here. Finder's fee for locating me a purple roo is eggs! win win?

3. catwalk

catwalk Songster

May 19, 2009
    Just came back from scbirdfarm's open house. There MAY be lavender silkies there! I bought one that looked lav in their light. Looks more white at my house. Might be the black skin showing through feathers, but there's two left. Go get 'em!

4. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:I have three lavender roos here at my house growing out. Two bearded and one non bearded. The only thing that needs work on them in their foot feathering (more of it). They have nice correct toe spacing [​IMG]

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:I have three lavender roos here at my house growing out. Two bearded and one non bearded. The only thing that needs work on them in their foot feathering (more of it). They have nice correct toe spacing [​IMG]

Pair them up with some white hens and SEND ME EGGS!!!!!! [​IMG]

6. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania

Pair them up with some white hens and SEND ME EGGS!!!!!! [​IMG]

Why white hens? I thought you paired them up with black hens?

7. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Well come and get one of them! I just got batteries for my camera. I'll go take pics now. [​IMG]

8. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    They are still a work in progress... I'm hoping to keep the best lavender boy and breed him to my three gorgeous black silkie pullets. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Songster

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    I am so glad that there are other chicken people that drive reasonable (or as my family would say, "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!") distances for chickens.

I have a giant pale splash Jersey Giant, and I just pretend she is lavender, until I really get lavender birds!

10. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Songster

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    How many of my SPECIAL silke eggs would you like, and would that be the large or small variety? Wife and Daughter going to CT tommorrow, let me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: