I want Quail!!!!! Texas A & M and Jumbo Coturnix - Arizona

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChrystalGail, Sep 5, 2009.

1. ChrystalGail

ChrystalGail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Hi,
    Okay, after alot of research, I have decided to take the plunge. My hubby is a "white" meat guy, so I thought the Texas A & M would be good for him and I would like to try the Jumbo Coturnix, since I am a fan of dark meat. So I am looking for about 40 eggs of each. I would like them to be as close to Arizona as possible so they don't get too scrambled in shipping. Let me know if you have any. Also, I would like them to ship on Tuesday. We are having a cool spell for a bit and I don't know when the temp is going to go back up.
    Thanks!
    Chrystal

Edited: LOL... I knew Monday was a holiday! Oops... Silly me!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  2. Kullas

Kullas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Ellijay Ga.
    Congratz on taking the plunge. i just had several button pop out tonight. maybe the coturnix will pop tonight or tomarrow. hope you have a great hatch

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    You probably won't find any white meat A&Ms, they have been interbred with the other varieties so much that they are no longer white meat and most aren't anywhere near as big as they should be. Mine are about half the size of the jumbos I have, when they should be about the same.
    ETA: Monday is a holiday, no mail [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  4. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    I'm not close to Arizona, but I do have coturnix quail and ship sucessfully. They have slowed down laying some so not sure If I can do 40 by tuesday but should be pretty close. If interested pm me.

5. ChrystalGail

ChrystalGail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    I found some! Thanks everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by