I want some Blue Orpingtons

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by thechickman04, Jun 7, 2008.

1. thechickman04

thechickman04 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Cumming, Georgia
    i would love some blue orpingtons...i have a ton of hatching eggs coming in right now and my dad said no more chicks for a while but he is always open for me to get some grown chickens...i was just wondering if anyone had any blue orpingtons available in the Georgia area.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Do any of our Georgia members besides me even have Blue Orps? I am about to do a Blue/Black/Splash Orp hatch from my own eggs and ones from other sources. Right now, I don't have any grown birds for sale.

3. thechickman04

thechickman04 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Cumming, Georgia
    i thought you might be the only person n Georgia with them

4. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Um, Cyn do you have hatching eggs??? I know you do.....[​IMG]

5. speckledhen

Well, not right now, Tiff. Since I only have two hens laying and I just yesterday put my black pullet in with Suede, it takes me a long time to get around to everyone who wants eggs. I am finishing up a 9 month long waiting list right now and I wont be shipping in July and August, unless we get a cool spell. The way it is now, in the 90's already at my elevation, I doubt we'll see many of those cool spells. [​IMG]

6. tataharris

tataharris Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2007
    Calvin, Oklahoma
    I have (maybe) a silly question.... Do blue orps come from a cross of the buff and the black or some other combo? or what? I think that the blues and the blacks are amazingly beautiful [​IMG] Thanks for the info.... [​IMG]

7. mudderhen

mudderhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Speckled Hen,

If you don't mind my asking, where in N GA do you live? I have wanted some blue orpingtons, and I think I had one, and this stupid dog killed her. My heart is broken, and I would love to have another one like her. I was wondering how close you were to me, because I may be able to pick them up. I understand you have a waiting list, but if you could add me, I would appreciate it.

8. speckledhen

The buffs weren't involved in the creation of the blue Orp. I think BamaChicken can tell you all about that.
    mudderhen, I'm in Fannin County right at the NC line. I dont have an official list anymore, but I will be hatching starting next week, in fact, I'm going to start collecting the eggs for it today or tomorrow, and I may have a few extra chicks, but they'll be straight run. Not sure how many extra since I've had two local people say they want some chicks when I hatch next time around.

9. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Well Cyn, just let me know when I "might" be able to get some from you. You can add me to that "un-official" list, lol.
    Tiff

10. schroader

schroader Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2008
    Beaver Dam Ky
    How much for eggs shipped to 42320? Very inteterested. Thanks for your time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by