I want to buy some baby ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by savannah, Jun 24, 2010.

1. savannah

savannah New Egg

Jun 24, 2010
    I live in maine, new york near binghamton and i have been looking for baby ducks for quite a while now and seem to have no luck. If someone could please help me find some thatd be great.
    Thanks

2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Hi Savannah--

Welcome! Ducks are great. I wish I could help you, but I'm down south. If no one here has ducks for you, you can always consider ordering them from McMurray Hatchery or Meyer Hatchery or a number of other mail-order places. I think even Holderread Waterfowl Farm has a few breeds still available this summer (they are the best in quality in the country, and not much more expensive than others--but they do often sell out quickly).

When ordering, you do have to have a minimum quantity to help keep them warm. But I've had good success in the past with splitting an order with someone else. I just advertised on craigslist that I wanted to order some ducks and would split the cost of shipping with anyone who went in on the order with me, and we ended up with quite a large order. It was a bit of a pain to organize, and some risk considering I paid up front and collected at the end, but it was worth it and worked out quite well. You could collect the money up front to protect yourself.

Good luck--I think you're going to love your babies. [​IMG]

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    If you order from Metzer you can order only a few. It cost more, but it is well worth it. I have some of their Welsh Harlequins. Nettie has several of their runners.

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Have you tried craigslist? Or if you have a local feed store ask them who has ducks.

Steve

5. kjhowe77

kjhowe77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2010
    Broome County, NY
    Hi, I don't have any baby ducks but I wanted to say I am only about 30 minutes from you in Conklin, NY. I will let you know if I see or hear about any.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by