I want to give my ducks the best place

32ducklingsandcounting

In the Brooder
May 22, 2018
so I am looking for a kiddie pool that will fit my two areas . also one of my ducks is blind in one eye and then inside my house, I have 2 ducks, 1 has a injured leg and can’t walk on it and another 1 inside has very damaged wings, so we might have to keep them for a longer period of time so I want their yard to be very good. also, it is mating season so I can’t let my big ducks go yet because they got attacked when I did. basically I’m looking for maybe a possibly good water and food container for my ducks, as they always knock them over. I also need a good kiddy pool that they will be able to get in and out of, no matter how old they are. I am also expecting 11 new ducklings very very soon. so i am in need of advice on how to make good coops for everyone. please hurry

Attachments

• B76F7A5F-31C8-44C2-9DEF-9C3AEC5A487B.jpeg
    B76F7A5F-31C8-44C2-9DEF-9C3AEC5A487B.jpeg
    598.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 375C039D-8F47-4FB1-817D-317592630A77.jpeg
    375C039D-8F47-4FB1-817D-317592630A77.jpeg
    974.2 KB · Views: 21
are the pictures showing their only space? seams realy crowded and theirs no coop
yes they are crowded but i do take good care of them and i have 3 families and if i put them together they will attack each other. i really want to expand area but as u can see i have a really big tree and other stuff. the huge ducks are probably going to be released in 2 weeks but 2 weeks ago i let them go and the females got attacked constantly and one i have in my house as she almost died and also broke her leg from the attack. I understand it’s nature but i just can’t stand to see them all die. Will they attack each other if i put them together? because they all have a month age between them. I really don’t want to keep them so crowded but it’s very hard for me to expand as i have a walking and very bad balance disability.

They look overcrowded and that won't help them get along. They need space. You can't release them into the wild, they will get attacked and killed.
Post them on Craigslist and this site if you want to rehome some.

Last edited:
@32ducklingsandcounting What is your purpose for owning so many ducks? In some states, such as FL, it is illegal to release ducks into the wild. In my opinion, it is unethical to raise domestic ducks only to release them into the wild.
As well, your set up is too crowded and no pool is going to help. I am suggesting that you rehome your ducks and downsize to a manageable flock suitable for the area you have. Then, think about how to keep the area secure and how to set it up for the optimal health if your ducks.

@32ducklingsandcounting What is your purpose for owning so many ducks? In some states, such as FL, it is illegal to release ducks into the wild. In my opinion, it is unethical to raise domestic ducks only to release them into the wild.
As well, your set up is too crowded and no pool is going to help. I am suggesting that you rehome your ducks and downsize to a manageable flock suitable for the area you have. Then, think about how to keep the area secure and how to set it up for the optimal health if your ducks.
My purpose for owning so many ducks is, I can't stand to see all of the babies die from other wildlife, such as hawks and eagles, (and yes I do understand its nature but I also need to move my legs because of my disease progression and I'm always just sitting in my house all day not doing anything.) Also, I didn't capture these ducks, the moms keep having their babies at my house which means they have nestsI live on a huge lake and their moms still stick around but they are all expecting babies. I am going to resize everything as I know they are crowded. I'm currently just looking for a good idea for the housing, pool and food/water bowls, as that was the whole point of this thread. Not to be told to give my ducks away.

What iam thinking is alot of ducks could survive on the property, But if you only had 3 they wouldnt just survive, Theyd have a complete amusement park dream life

But iam an adult too and i dont take orders from anyone and i do whatever i want.

I use kiddie pools from petsmart they are 13$ on sale, about a foot deep and 5 feet wide, Definitly light enough that anyone could tip them over and clean them out, even when their full. 4 mulard ducks shared one and it was great. It was also their drinking water so you wouldnt have to fill small bowls all day

For feed bowls i just use huge dog bowls They are stable enough that the dummys dont knock it over. And i put the bowl on top of a boot mat to catch the feed the ducks knock out

And i keep the food close to the water because the ducks will spread the feed from the food to the closest water source.

As for a duck house ide get a pre made plastic or metel shed from the home depo, and had a small door in the back for the ducks, and that leaves you the big door in the front :)
I like your commitment to animals :)

I think your going to have waaaaayyy to many soon tho

Attachments

• 5016016.jpg
    5016016.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 1485362865541.jpg
    1485362865541.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 61L1C87d6SL._SX355_.jpg
    61L1C87d6SL._SX355_.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 13