I want to pick the hatched chicks out

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gapeachy, Apr 8, 2009.

1. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    I want to take them out of the incubator but I know I should'nt...do I have to wait 3 days??

2. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, are they all done hatching?? If so, I think you can take them out and put them in the brooder. If there is more to hatch, you wouldn't want humidity and temp changes to ruin the rest..
    Oh.. and CONGRATS !! Don't forget pics! [​IMG]

3. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    I think as soon as they are dry and you are done with the rest of the hatch you can take them out! You just don't want to open the bator if there are chickies trying to hatch in there cuz it will dry up the membrane.

4. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Yeah if there is chicks still in the process of hatching, you need to wait, or else the ones not yet hatched probably wont hatch. Once they are all done hatching, you can take out the dry ones.

5. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    that is so hard not to take dry fluffy butts out. i am in the same boat i had one hatch this morning and there are 30 left. poor guy all by himself .... sit on hands sit on hands!!!!! [​IMG]

6. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    SIT ON HANDS !!!

It is hard. Do it anyway.

Good luck with the rest.

7. castlecreekfarm

castlecreekfarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2009
    Middle TN
    I guess I have been real lucky in my hatches. I always have quickly taken mine out as they dry off and have never had a problem with the remaining eggs. I have never liked them bumping all the others around so much so near the end. Maybe this time, I'll try to resist the urge!

8. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I take mine out as they dry off...I usually leave the early ones in though until the main batch is done...the late ones get to rough it with the door open for a bit

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by