I Want to RIP His Head Off!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by rodriguezpoultry, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    It happens every month but will hopefully be calming down in the ensuing months. Anyway, I came in the door and my boyfriend had locked the top bolt. Forcing me to knock on the door to get him to let me in. My dogs therefore started barking their heads off and I heard him say "Shut up!!!"

I don't know why but every man in the world is all of a sudden rubbing me the wrong way. The one I work with ESPECIALLY and then when I come home it just seems to transfer to my poor BF.

I feel bad for him but for some reason I just can't make myself lose my anger/frustration.

I do the whole "calming thoughts and relaxing breaths" but does anyone have any remedies for relieving stress and relaxing before they kill someone?

2. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    I look a fright in orange so I just think about having to wear that color for the REST OF MY LIFE is I really killed someone.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Exercise and lots of good sleep should help, also taking a daily vitamin might help.
    Are you a soda, or other caffeinated beverage, drinker? Drinking caffeine, or sugar-laden drinks, can cause you to crash, which can make you want to rip someone's head off. Also, make sure you snack on something between lunch and dinner, it could be that your sugar is dropping later in the day.

ETA: And since you are 'the woman' it could be hormonal [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  4. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    Quote:i work 16 hr shifts at night and have t go through that every mourning when i am extremly tired

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Take (everyday) oil of evening primrose and two vitamin B complex tablets...... that will help the symptoms ........ [​IMG] ................

6. G Wiz Ranch

G Wiz Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Lompoc, CA
    From a guys point of view. Communication. Don't blow up and don't nag (don't take that the wrong way... please read...). Instead, find a balance of telling someone when something bothers you and not telling them till weeks latter when the bottle explodes. I would rather hear tid bits here and there about things that bother you, than get my head chewed off because of something so benign as locking the door 4 weeks ago. Don't get mad at me for what I just said, there is a lot of truth to it. We have been married for 14 years and the first 7 were hell until she started to communicate with me. Now, I can correct some of the things that bother her when they happen and she is less tense than she used to be because she is not bottling up all of those "little" frustrations. Some frustrations are pilled on others, sort out the junk and focus on the ones that can make a difference. Remember, it is give and take, my wife has her issues that I accept and know that it is best if I look past them, and not make an issue out of them. Some things just aren't worth the energy to get mad, best to let them go.

7. goldielocks

goldielocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    Edited. ~Lisa~

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2009
  8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    My guys lock the door far more often than I do. I have a friend who would have a fit if her sons and DH didn't lock the door. My dog can open the unlocked door, and runs out, leaving it open for the world to enter (actually, the world is usually the chickens, goose and various other pets) and the AC to exit.

9. mschickychick

mschickychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Mississippi
    Are you getting enough rest? Are you sleeping well when you do rest? Sounds a lot like what I went through during the change. At an early age I might add!

10. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Removed response to edited post. ~Lisa~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by