I want to see your Murray McMurray Hatchery stock Giant Cochins!

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by LMEggs, Nov 17, 2009.

1. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    I know a guy that is selling murray McMurray hacthery stock giant cochin partridges and they are so hard to find around here... I didn't much want hatchery stock but if they are decent enough to work with even... And hes a bit far out and no pictures to see so its go or no go. Soo I wanna see the quality of Giant Cochins from MM!

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this so...

2. kennedyscochins

kennedyscochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty
    I plan to start ordering from mcmurray. But I have ordered a lot of cochins from ideal poultry. I can say their giant black and barred cochins are beautiful. Can't say much for the rest of the colors though. Here is a picture of a barred from ideal if this helps. The black picture doesn't do her justice, so I'm not gonna post it.
    [​IMG]

3. AnconaDuck

AnconaDuck Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2009
    MI
    My friend has a pic of hers....I will see if I can get a pic!!

4. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Not the best pic to show him off, but here's a pic of my partridge cochin roo from McMurray. He's 4 months old. Only just now starting to fill out any tailfeathers. Has a lot of new pins coming in on his neck too. He's a bulky stocky-bodied guy.

[​IMG]

5. Angel_Feather

Angel_Feather Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2009
    Dawsonville, GA
  6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Angel, I do not believe it is a contest. I had thought this was in another forum and was moved over here, but it's possible it was put over here by mistake?

7. Angel_Feather

Angel_Feather Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2009
    Dawsonville, GA
    I know it is not a contest. The rules clearly state that you aren't supposed to make a topic in this part of the forum just for posting pictures. There must be judgement.

8. TammyTX

TammyTX Overrun With Chickens

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    I have 4 buff cochin pullets from MM that are 41 weeks old but they are molting right now. If I get home early enough today I'll snap some photos.

9. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    Angel, you may be right, but we have many skilled moderators who do this as a job. If a rule is broken, the moderators can handle it.

10. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by